Friday, December 7, 2012

Tool 6

Tool 6- Using Web Tools to Promote Discussion in and out of the Classroom

Today I learned all about the different web tools you can use to create conversations in and out of the classroom. My two favorite tools were Poll Everywhere and Google Docs.

I have already used Google Docs in my classroom and it has been fabulous way to give and receive instant feedback from your students. We use google docs to share lessons we type up on the computers. For example, my students typed a paper on the water cycle and shared it with me. Currently, we are working on typing a procedural writing piece and I plan to have them share this with me on google docs.

I didn't have much experience with Poll Everywhere, but I have to say I think it is pretty neat. I created the following poll, which I wish I could have used when we were learning about surveys and creating bar graphs in math.

http://www.polleverywhere.com/free_text_polls/MjExNTg0MjE3OQ

Doesn't mean I can't still put it to good use! Maybe I will use it for our next class vote. I guess I will have to let them take turns texting it in from my phone though!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment